Wednesday, April 15, 2015

ANTICIPATION...Looking Ahead to Computers in Libraries Washington DC 2015

I just finished registering to blog during this conference and decided to start an entry looking forward to this event. I have an idiosycracy such that a great deal of the time there's a sound track running through my head, serving up songs, unbidden, that somehow relate to what's going on with me. I'm not musically talented but I do love music and have a musician daughter. Anyway, I just realized that, appropriately, Carly Simon's "Anticipation" was running playing inside my cranium. This is a heck of a lot better than when I drive by the Texas State Stadium and suddenly realize I'm listening internally to "Take Me Out to the Ball Game." Anyway, here's a link if you like the tune: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NwP3wes4M8 --I think it's very appropriate for my mood at the moment.

Even though I am caught up in the excitement of one conference at the time of this writing, the Texas Library Association Conference, I am already excited about the upcoming Computers in Libraries gathering. TLA is for seeing former students, colleagues, and friends from the last 30 years as a librarian. CIL is where I learn so much at sessions that are consistently top notch, and also hear stellar keynote speakers. I do get to see friends as well, having presented at CIL in Monterey for the past 12 years. Internet@Schools Conferences are my opportunities to get excited about what I do, and I never fail to garner new ideas. This is my first time to present in Washington DC, but I know it will be a wonderful time of learning and inspiration. Attendees to the larger conference can also attend Internet@Schools sessions, and you can count on some great opportunities it you choose to come to one. My topic is sketchnoting, and I am very excited to be sharing because this is an activity that has been very rewarding for use with my students in the past months. Hope to see you in DC!

1 comment: