Friday, January 6, 2012

Attention Dog Lovers! Here's a Great Lighthearted Mystery Series for Grownups!

Browsing the shelves at my local public library, I came across an audiobook that sounded fun--Thereby Hangs a Tail: A Chet and Bernie Adventure by Spencer Quinn.  Little did I know I was about to become a fan of a new series. Chet, canine half of the detective team, narrates. Bernie, his softhearted but tough human companion, joins in to get the job done. Chet's take on the case, on humans, and on the world, is hilarious. I haven't laughed this much at a book since Jasper Fforde's The Fourth Bear. Sadly, Fforde has not added to the Nursery Crimes series since. I am so happy that there are already several other titles in this series so I have somewhere to turn when I finish this one. I'm just hoping my library has all of them. This book had me laughing out loud on my most recent drive between my two hometowns. Now I can't wait to make the drive--and listen--again. If you liked Hank the Cowdog, or even if you never read these kids' books, you will like this series. If you want a fun read or listen, check out these books. And get this: Chet has his own blog: http://www.chetthedog.com/tag/thereby-hangs-a-tail
Do yourself a treat and enjoy Chet and Bernie!

PS Jasper Fforde has a great website too: http://www.jasperfforde.com

No comments:

Post a Comment