Saturday, February 5, 2011

Link O'Day: Information Fluency!

Today I was teaching a class to a wonderful group of students in San Antonio. I was sharing Teacher Librarian Ning with them, where I have a class group. During our lunch break I was looking around and noticed one of their spotlighted groups was about "Information Fluency." The term sounded a little familiar but it is not one I have been using. I went to the link that I was sharing and from there to other links and was completely captivated with the concept and nomenclature. It reminds me a little bit of Big6 but for older students, and for teachers to use. Anyway, there is great information to be had by going to the link above or to one of the links shared from it. Then you want to ask yourself...how fluent are you? How can you increase students' fluency?

By the way, if you are a teacher or a librarian and you are not using TLNing, take some time to explore, join up, and participate! There are tons of great things going on there!

No comments:

Post a Comment