Sunday, February 13, 2011

Link O'Day: Bare Bones Internet Tutorial

A while ago I posted about using creative assignments to combat plagiarism and I mentioned an assignment I have using an online Internet tutorial. It occurred to me I should make the tutorial a Link O'Day. So here it is from University of South Carolina,  Beaufort Library. I have used this tutorial for a very first assignment in my Internet For Librarians course. Even though it makes no forays into Web 2.0 resources, I continue to think it is a valuable resource and starting place for teaching about the Internet. I have communicated with the webmasters about my use, and they are fine with sharing this great tool which might help a lot of educators and general users as well. We go on from there to other activities and assignments, but I consider this a very strong resource for laying basic groundwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment