Monday, January 10, 2011

Link O'Day: Not Even Past

So far the links I have shared have been ones that I had in my bookmarks for a very long time. Today I am STOKED to share a link to a great site that is brand new! I learned about it via LM_NET and it was launched this very day. The name of the site is Not Even Past, and is a wonderful history resource put up by The University of Texas at Austin's History Department. Because it is so new I am just now exploring. My first question was scope...is it limited to American History? Here is a bit of the site's self-description:

'Not Even Past provides dynamic, accessible, short articles on every field of History. Founded in 2010 and developed by the Department of History at the University of Texas at Austin, Not Even Past speaks to everyone interested in the past and in the ways the past lives on in the present.'

So the scope is...well...all encompassing. No doubt that means it will grow exponentially in the future. There are options for video, text, and audio content, and a special tab just for TEXAS.  Clearly this site has lots to offer to teachers, students, and researchers, but I hope the most enthusiastic audience will be the great unwashed masses. Everybody can benefit from this engaging and informative resource. I submit that you will want to visit again and again and watch it grow. So Feliz Navidad, Not Even Past!

No comments:

Post a Comment